Попугай Алекс

Попугай Алекс

Сообщение Terrin » Пн май 04, 2009 6:04 pm

Фрагмент из книги Alex & Me: How a Scientist and a Parrot Uncovered a Hidden World of Animal Intelligence--and Formed a Deep Bond in the Process (2008, amazon)
Ее написала Irene M. Pepperberg, по итогам многолетней работы с попугаем Алексом. Это был проект изучения когнитивных возможностей животного, не являющегося приматом, путем коммуникации с ним на естественном английском языке. Она приводит ряд любопытных эпизодов, где Алекс проявлял себя неожиданным образом. Такие случаи не могут фигурировать в научной публикации. Тем не менее, они свидетельствуют об интеллекте животного ничуть не меньше, чем тесты, которые он проходил. Вот шутливый пример.

I continued doing number work with Alex, including a study on recognizing and understanding Arabic numerals. That was a long, challenging project that was to come to spectacular fruition years later. I was working on a simpler number concept one day in the fall of 1992 while Linda Schinke-Llano was visiting from Illinois. I was showing Alex a tray of objects of different materials and different colors. "How many green wool?" I asked Alex. We had been doing this task for a short while, and Alex up to that point had been performing as he would for a TV crew, that is, spot on.
Alex eyed the tray and looked at me in a way he sometimes did, which I can describe only as wryly.
"One," he piped. The answer was "two."
"No, Alex. How many green wool?"
That look again. "Four," he said in his charming sing song, double-syllable way: "Foo-wah." Linda was watching, and I wanted her to see how well Alex was doing since his illness and rehab. "C'mon, Alex. How many green wool?"
It was no use. He kept alternating: "One . . . four… one . . . four."
By now I had realized he was just messing with my head. I knew that he knew the correct answer. "OK, Alex," I said sternly. "You are just going to have to take a time-out." I took him to his room and closed the door.
"Two . . . two . . . two . . . I'm sorry . . . come here!" Linda and I immediately heard coming from behind Alex's closed door. "Two . . . come here . . . two."
Linda and I were laughing to the point of tears. "I guess Alex is fully himself again," I finally was able to say to Linda. "The little rascal!"

Все подобные эпизоды см. здесь.
Значительную часть книги можно почитать здесь
"Старые мосты могут еще пригодиться. Лучше сжечь старые грабли."
Terrin

Тип: Штирлиц; ФВЭЛ
Срок эксплуатации: 33

Re: Попугай Алекс

Сообщение бибигюль » Вт май 05, 2009 8:32 am

чота звучит как пародия или типа того на 'Marlee and me'
If you can't f@ck it and it doesn't dance, eat it or throw it away ©
бибигюль

Тип: малолетний хулиган